Quotes by TradingView
loading...

Dillian Whyte beats Joseph Parker in heavyweight boxing clash after Dereck Chisora knocks out Carlos Takam in London



DILLIAN WHYTE VS JOSEPH PARKER 

Joseph Parker showed his power and grit — but only once the fight was essentially out of reach.
After being largely dominated — and knocked down twice — for 10 rounds by Dillian Whyte, the New Zealand boxer showed up in the eleventh and twelfth — knocking down his British opponent with seconds remaining, but it ultimately wasn’t enough.
Whyte took the win via unanimous decision 113-112, 115-110, 114-111, and became the first man to drop Parker, in what turned into one of the best heavyweight fights of the year.

Loading...

   It marks the second loss of Parker’s career; his first coming just four months ago to Anthony Joshua — and there were similarities on Sunday (AEST) to that March bout.
Parker’s expected speed and technique advantage wasn’t on show, as both the 26-year-old’s team and the commentators called for more activity from the lighter fighter.
An unfortunate second round knockdown — from an inadvertent headbutt — seemingly rocked Parker, and Whyte stayed on the front foot after that.
 

Whyte didn’t shy away when Parker eventually got going near the end — but nearly paid for it after copping a monstrous right hand that saw him drop to the canvas with under 30 seconds remaining in the final round.
He survived though, and recorded his eight straight win since being knocked out by Joshua in 2015.
Despite the fight having its scrappy moments, it was nothing but respect between the two fighters afterwards, with Whyte heaping praise on his opponent.
“This man’s got a massive future and a massive career,” the 30-year-old said.“This man’s 26, he’s skilful, and he’s tough, because I hit him with a punch and he got dropped, and get up and he dropped me.
“This man’s got a massive future. He took on the fight — same as me — on seven week’s notice, we couldn’t get our weight down, we trained hard. We did the best we could do, and we came and fought.

“It was a 12-round slugfest.”
As for what’s next — a rematch of the 2015 Whyte-Joshua fight could be on the cards, after the Brit called out the IBF, WBO, WBA and IBO world champion.
“Ask the boss man over there [Eddie Hearn],” said Whyte.
“I’d like to fight Joshua again in the rematch, but I still have other things to work on.
“But if he wants it, he can have it.”
Whyte did admit that he’d want another fight before taking on Joshua in a potential April match-up; with the current champ facing Alexander Povetkin in September
“I am still so inexperienced, I make a lot of mistakes,” Whyte conceded.
“I’ve still got a lot to learn, let’s see what Eddie (Hearn) can throw my way. I’ve improved [since losing to Joshua], there’s still another 40 per cent to come.”
Loading...
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours