Top News

DBliss Media Lifestyle
Ho Van Lang developed a taste for rodents as he struggled to survive in the jungle (IMAGE: GETTY - CONTRIBUTOR)

By Thesun.co.uk

A VIETNAMESE man has opened up on how he managed to live off huge rats after fleeing the horrors Vietnam War to become a real life Tarzan.

In an extraordinary video Ho Van Lang, 44, shows how he captured and gorged on rats in a bid to survive while taking sanctuary in the deep forest in the Tay Tra district of Quang Ngai province.

Along with dad Ho Van Thanh, 85, a South Vietnamese Army veteran, he fled as a boy from his small village in 1971.


This came after a US bomb killed his mum and two other siblings.

What a feast… He then gorges on the roasted beast, enjoying its simple rodent taste (GOCASTAWAY)

The province was a Viet Cong stronghold and was the scene of fierce jungle battles as the US military attempted to flush out the communist insurgents.

From then on they hid from all human contact fearing they would be killed in the crossfire.

Like Tarzan they lived in tree houses and dressed in loincloths fashioned out of tree bark.

They were discovered by locals in 2013. Since then they have slowly been adapting to civilisation – they now live in a house near the jungle.

More recently Alvaro Cerezo, managing director of Docastaway – which offers holidays to remote, uninhabited parts of the world – met with Lang.

US soldiers and marines burn down jungle villages if they suspected they were harbouring the Viet Cong insurgents (Getty Image)

He had wanted to ask him about survival techniques, but they ended up spending five days together living in the jungle where he had grown up.

“This ‘Mowgli’ was completely ignorant of how the outside, civilised world was with the exception of the stories his father told him about the aeroplanes that crossed the sky,” Alvaro said.

A video was then filmed which includes a scene where he brutally kills a huge rat before cooking it and then munching on its flesh.
DBliss Media Sport


Liverpool will look to bounce back from derby disappointment as West Brom visit Anfield on Wednesday night.

West Brom haven’t won in the league since a 1-0 win over Burnley on August 19 – and are only out of the relegation places on goal difference.

Alan Pardew faces a huge task here, at a ground where Albion haven’t won since a 2-0 triumph in 2013.

What time is kick-off?

THIS one is being held at Anfield on Wednesday, December 13.

Kick-off is at 8pm.

Which channel can I watch it on?

This game isn’t being shown live on UK TV. 

Live Stream

Live streams link will be available here on this page before kickoff.

What is the team news?

After starting the Everton game on the bench, Firmino and Philippe Coutinho are expected to return to the starting lineup.

Alberto Moreno is out until the New Year, whilst Adam Lallana is back in training following a lengthy absence.

West Brom will be without injured trio James Morrison, Craig Dawson and Nacer Chadli.
DBliss Media Sport
British heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury has not fought since his shock defeat of Wladimir Klitschko to win the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles in November 2015 (AFP/File / Oli SCARFF)

By AFP

Controversial former heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury vowed Tuesday to put the "nightmare of the last two years" behind him and reclaim his world titles after being cleared to resume his career.

The British boxer agreed a compromise with UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) over his positive test for the banned steroid nandrolone, which has resulted in a two-year ban that has been backdated to December 2015.

The 29-year-old has been given the go-ahead to fight again immediately, subject to receiving a licence.

Fury, who has not fought since his shock win against Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015 to become the undisputed heavyweight world champion, said he was looking forward to getting back into the ring.

"I'm a fighting man through and through and I've never backed down from anyone in my life and I was certainly not going to back down from fighting this dispute," he said.

He had been charged along with his cousin Hughie, who also failed a test for nandrolone in February 2015.

"Hughie and I have maintained our innocence from day one and we're now happy that it has finally been settled with UKAD and that we can move forward knowing that we'll not be labelled drug cheats," added Tyson Fury.

"I can now put the nightmare of the last two years behind me... Next year I will be back doing what I do best, better than ever and ready to reclaim the world titles which are rightfully mine."

Fury immediately laid down a challenge to compatriot Anthony Joshua, who successfully defended his IBF and WBA titles against Carlos Takam in October.

Fury tweeted: "@anthonyfjoshua where you at boy? I'm coming for you punk ent no1 blocking my path now!"

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has said he wants to see his fighter take on Fury in an all-British showdown next year.

- Licence suspended -

The Furys were not charged by UKAD until June 2016, by which time Tyson Fury had beaten Klitschko.

Four months later, the British Boxing Board of Control suspended his licence after he had given up his world titles to focus on recovering from mental health problems.

Both Hughie and Tyson Fury have strongly denied the nandrolone charges, saying the positive tests were a result of eating wild boar that had not been castrated.

Tyson Fury also failed a test for cocaine in September 2016 and later admitted using the recreational drug to deal with depression related to his injury and UKAD problems.

As part of the compromise deal, UKAD withdrew a charge against Tyson Fury of failure to provide a sample in September 2016.

"The anti-doping rule violations based on the reported presence of elevated levels of nandrolone metabolites are upheld, the refusal charge is withdrawn, Hughie and Tyson Fury each receive a two-year period of ineligibility," the UKAD statement said.

"The two-year period of ineligibility is backdated to 13 December 2015, and therefore expires at midnight on 12 December 2017," it added.

UKAD added that the two fighters' results from February 2015 had been disqualified, but that later results, including Fury's victory over Klitschko, would stand.
DBliss Media World
The Foal Eagle and Key Resolve drills usually start in late February or early March and involve tens of thousands of troops from the two allies, which say they are purely defensive (AFP Photo/Ed Jones)

By AFP

The US military is reportedly in talks with South Korea on the timing of large-scale annual military exercises that always infuriate nuclear-armed Pyongyang and could coincide with next year's Winter Olympics.

The Foal Eagle and Key Resolve drills usually start in late February or early March and involve tens of thousands of troops from the two allies, which say they are purely defensive.

The North, though, sees them as rehearsals for invasion, and they always ratchet up the already high tensions over its nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programmes.

Next year's Winter Olympics take place in Pyeongchang in the South from February 9-25, followed by the Paralympics.

According to reports Seoul has asked Washington to delay the drills until after the Games to lower the chances of provocations by Pyongyang.

"The ROK-US alliance continues to discuss the way ahead on the exercises Key Resolve and Foal Eagle, to include the appropriate timing," said US Pacific Command spokesman Commander Dave Benham, Yonhap news agency reported Tuesday.

A statement on the exercises' timing will be issued at the "appropriate time", Yonhap cited Benham as saying.

The comments come after the Financial Times reported that four people familiar with the situation said Seoul had requested the exercises be pushed back until after the Paralympics, which end on March 18.

South Korea's defence ministry spokeswoman Choi Hyun-Soo declined to comment on the report, saying there had been no formal "discussion" between the allies on the issue.

The South's military, police and other units mounted a huge anti-terror drill in Pyeongchang on Tuesday, rehearsing scenarios involving hostages, explosives, vehicle rampages and more.

"After having seen this drill, I am confident that there is nothing to worry in regards to terrorist attacks," said South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-Yeon.

"However, accidents happen where we cannot anticipate," Lee added. "Please keep that in mind."

South Korean officials believe that the North's participation in the Pyeongchang Games would guarantee its safety, and hope that the Olympics could serve as a diplomatic opening to defuse tensions.

But Pyongyang boycotted the 1988 Seoul Olympics and has not yet said whether it will take part this time.

The North last month launched an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of reaching the US mainland, the latest in a series of missile tests this year.


Premier League

Today - 12/12/2017

Time - 9:00 PM

LIVE STREAM AVAILABLE
A fire at the Baumgarten facility in eastern Austria after an explosion rocked the site, one of Europe's main gas pipeline hubs (AFP / Tomas HULIK)

By AFP

A large explosion rocked one of Europe's main gas pipeline hubs on Tuesday, leaving one person dead and stoking concerns about the continent's winter supplies.

Photos and videos on social media showed a huge tower of orange flames visible for miles around roaring out of the Baumgarten facility in eastern Austria.

Police said that the blast at around 8:45 am (0745 GMT) killed one person and left 21 hurt, one of them with serious but not life-threatening injuries who was airlifted to hospital in Vienna.

"I heard a huge explosion and thought at first it was a plane crash," photographer Tomas Hulik, a resident of a village over the border in Slovakia, told AFP. "Then I saw an immense ball of flame."

Austrian police said the incident at the site, which is responsible for about a tenth of Europe's gas supply, was caused by a "technical" fault and that local authorities had begun an investigation.

Some 200 firefighters took several hours to extinguish the blaze. The heat was so extreme that cars parked at the site partially melted.

Baumgarten, 50 kilometres (30 miles) east of Vienna, is Austria's largest reception point for gas, the end-point for a number of pipelines from Russia, Norway and elsewhere.

It receives some 40 billion cubic metres of gas annually and redistributes it onwards to other countries in Europe including to Germany and northern Italy.

Armin Teichert, a spokesman for the site's operator Gas Connect Austria, said that the facility had been evacuated and put into "security mode".

The material damage is "major," Teichert told AFP.

- Italian emergency -

He added that there could be interruptions in supply to Italy and Croatia, but nowhere else.

Italy's government declared a state of emergency for its gas sector and said it would tap its underground reserves to ensure that customers were not affected.

Russian gas giant Gazprom said it was "working on redistribution of gas flows and (doing) its best to secure uninterrupted gas supplies to the clients".

A spokesman for Austrian gas firm OMV, which part-owns Gas Connect Austria, told Bloomberg that getting Baumgarten back to normal "isn't a question of hours, but days".

The incident further spooked European energy markets a day after one of Britain's most important North Sea oil pipelines was closed because of a crack.

Natural gas and power prices jumped in Europe, and Brent crude oil futures rose above $65 a barrel for the first time since June 2015.

A cold snap in Britain and across Europe has also pushed up demand for gas and heating oil in recent days.


 Coupe de la Ligue

Today - 12/12/2017

Time - 9:05 PM

LIVE STREAM AVAILABLE


Serie A

Today - 12/12/2017

Time - 9:00 PM

LIVE STREAM AVAILABLE